Goof Daman

In this guide we will show you how to fix a stuck explorer and start it back up after a node reboot.

NOTE: The folders, commands and locations noted in this guide are for explorers set-up by NerdLabs001 some locations and commands may be different on your node, but we will try to cover the basics that will work on all Iquidius explorers.

You will need a SSH client, everything can be done through the SSH Client with commands this will be covered in this guide. There are many SSH clients to choose from feel free to use the one your are most comfortable with, SSH for windows users Putty is available as a free client if you don't have one, Linux and Mac both have built in ones you can use.  

NOTE: The ## notes the line of code you will enter do not type the ##.

Fix a stuck Iduidius Explorer

SSH onto the node using the recommended way per your client. 

First you will need to stop the explorer, if your explorer is using forever instead of screen see below ( Using Forever )   

## screen -r -d (this will take you to the running explorer)
## Ctrl c (to stop explorer)
## cd tmp
## ls
(you are looking for index.pid and/or delete.me you will need to remove both)
## rm index.pid (then again for delete.me if its there (i.e.. rm delete.me)
## cd ..
## npm start
(You can wait for cronjob to kick in just to make sure it has started updating - you will see lots of numbers scroll past the screen really fast if its updating :grinning: )

Close the SSH client you are done.

Using Forever

## forever list 
## forever stop (then name of process the 4 char one)
## npm stop

## cd tmp
## ls
(you are looking for index.pid and/or delete.me you will need to remove both)
## cd ..

## forever start -c "npm start" ./  ( this starts the explorer )

Close the SSH client your are done.

Restart a Explorer after a node reboot

SSH onto the node using the recommended way per your client.
## cd run
## ./coind -daemon -reindex -txindex (this starts the daemon for the explorer - (may have to press enter after to get the command prompt back)
## cd ..
## sudo systemctl start mongod (it may ask for the password of the root user-same password used to ssh in)
## cd explorer

## cd tmp
## ls
(you are looking for index.pid and/or delete.me you will need to remove both - in this step they may not be there but it is good to check before we move on if they are not there skip next step ( i.e.. rm index.pid)
## cd ..

( if using forever see Using Forever to start explorer back up )

## screen ( then hit enter to get past the text that pops up if it does ) 
## npm start 

Close the SSH client you are done.

Last update on March 27, 4:09 pm by Goof Daman.